17-10-2012

A co-production of S.M.Art Invest and Russian branch of Golden Bridge Entertainment (USA), Life as Poker will become Ukraine’s first film produced according to Hollywood standards. “This is an adventure film promoting ambition, passion for winning, and intelligence”, says producer Yuriy Lazurenko.

The open competition is announced by the State Film Agency of Ukraine and offers funding to outstanding film projects scheduled for production in 2013-2014. The winners will be announced in December 2012 following a series of pitches*.

The requested amount for Life as Poker equals 30% of the film’s total budget. The remaining 70% is provided by Golden Bridge Entertainment via agreement of co-production. A number of luxury labels have also expressed interest in making appearance in the film.

From the production perspective, the project is highly ambitious. “We are bringing a team of A-level stars with a history of blockbusters. I cannot disclose the cast list until the paperwork is cleared, but, I promise you, Ukrainian audience will be impressed with the top-talent we’ve managed to attract. ”, - continues Lazurenko.

The filming of Life as Poker is scheduled for May 2013 with Las Vegas (USA) and Crimea (Ukraine) as main locations.

*The contest will be conducted in accordance with the procedure of competitive selection of film projects approved by the Ministry of Culture of Ukraine 26.04.2011 № 30, registered at the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on 08.06.2011 under № 687/19425.

More information is available at: http://sinua.dergkino.gov.ua/

 

 

Press

Full media report: Rock'n'Ball Premiere

Over 60 journalists attended the premiere of Rock'n'Ball in Kyiv, Ukraine on October 27, 2011. 

more

Ukraine’s #1 media portal: All praise for the director of ROCK’N’BALL

Telekritika, Ukraine’s #1 media portal, interviews Rock'n'Ball director Dmytro Prykhodko 

more

BBC Ukraine: Cannes film festival is a “boiling borsch”

S.M.Art Invest was mentioned  in BBC report on the Ukraine Pavillion in Cannes

more

With its emotional approach and young talent, Rock'n'Ball outplayed million-dollar films

Rock’n’Ball was the best debute presented at Molodist, according to Izvestiya.com.ua

more

Rock’n’Ball rocks Ukrainian film industry

The premiere of Rock'n'Ball caused a major stir with 60 journalists covering the event. 

more